Going through my puberty stage I spent most time finding friends, acing classes conforming to peers, and at the same time emerging myself with the new found emotions that were about to get real. It was surreal and it felt short since 10 years of 'waiting for normal body parts to arrive is ironically and awfully too quick' (Princess Diaries 2001). You wake up a teen then suddenly you realize that you're off to your 20's. However I still lived my teenage years at par. I was reckless at times, arrogant at times, immature often, rebel without a cause, love sick rarely plus young, and that's the beauty of it. Even after naming a few adjectives I still correlate the life of a teenager, undefinable.
Thank you to the people I met and later left me with a scar, for I learned how to appreciate my real friends and l learned how to cope, deal and grow from people are not meant to stay in my life. Because of you I'm in a much more happier place, better even.
A cheers to my high school friends, for I have garnered one of the best memories in my life. I have met gems, who later turned into extended families. To this day you're all treasures that no trade and exchange would ever make me waver out of the intense love and gratification I have for all you guys.
Cheers also to my college friends, who have helped me go through moving on and had brought me to new places and experiences. Because of you guys I learned how to figure out my drive in living this new found meaning of life. Thank you!
My teenage years was a wonder way of molding a sturdy foundation within myself , thus I hope and pray hard that in my twenties I'd be able to figure out what I'm passionate about and what I truly love doing.
A NOTE FROM MY NINEETEEN YEAR OLD SELF:
Aia, you've gone this far. You've survived the heartaches and struggles. You could be emotional, however you still remained cool, smiled through the ups and downs of life and your twenties is the best time for a woman to be selfish, so therefore agree. Be ambitious to reach your dreams and learn to do hard work. You failed to value time in your teens and now that you're turning 20 it's time to fly through this, and value it more than ever, because time is gold. Be happier and be the woman you want to be.
For me and for your twenty year old self.


No comments:
Post a Comment