Sunday, January 24, 2016

Graduation Photos (Marchin' on March)



         Last Thursday, January 7 we finally had our yearbook pictorial. (Yey!) It was categorized into three takes; wearing our college uniform, toga and our chosen casual wear. For this pictorial shoot I was particular that I would do my own make-up, for 2 reasons: 1st,  I don't like how my face turns cake-y overtime, since it does not look as promising. 2nd, I wanted to master how make up is properly done, and to know what my preference is. 

         So that next morning  I keenly trawled through Youtube to decide on quality makeup tutorials which turned out well with Michelle Phan. I don't know how to begin describing how I awkwardly managed my best effort following through Michelle considering that it was beginner's luck, but in my own judgment I think I did a great job. (pats on the back)
                                                                                   
        Albeit the 8 am call time I came to school 2 hours late due to the mishaps with my curling iron. 

After weeks of scouring through 2016 fashion week images via NowFashion.com I was eager in achieving the model's coiffured hair from Carolina Herrera S/S 2016 show. Insignificantly I realized getting worked up that morning with the 'Rich Girl Hair wave' was apparently not the the best time for it, in the end it was all but confusion of which way to wrap the curling iron to get those curls. Oh how to be a hair stylist?
credits: The Coveteur
       Rushing through the hustling and bustling jeepneys, I arrived in school wherein most of my block mates were halfway done through the shoot. I retouched my maquillage in urgency, in a room full of makeup artists. A little later, a friend of mine told me to start off with the uniform shoot and in a horrified tone insisted that I should get my hair redone since my hair was not doing well for me. 

Apparently after so much control over my curling iron that's how my 'Rich Girl Hair Wave' was perceived. (Shout out to the hairstylist who saved me you did a great job btw! ) 

      Following the uniform shoot Peter quickly assisted me in a massive bright light blue cloth that seemingly was the toga. Wearing it felt promising that I am getting my diploma on March. Hopefully! (I hope that'll come out well in the photos and yearbook) 

       As soon I was I done, I quickly got of out the bright light blue toga and immediately changed for my final ensemble. As for my casual wear, I decided to pull off the fashion editor's usual-day-at-the-office look, similar to how Jenna Lyons would have worn hers on busy weekdays in J.Crew.  (Fangirling!)     

        In high hopes of achieving my vision I've thought of the moss green turtleneck, 501 jeans and my Topshop TIGA white slip-on's as the ensemble, a week before picture day. (All three proudly bought in thrift stores.)

      However whilst my way out of the change room I took off my slip-on's and referred to my true instinct of going for the 5 inch raven heels, because it's girl boss! 

      All that commotion demanded for a full stomach, so the group went out to grab lunch which subsequently turned to some real fierceness for the camera action.  (Shout out to dropdeaddapper.com) 






Be that as it may, this has been my most approving shoot ever. With that, I'm confident to claim that I'm less timid to express and up for the game to experiment with angles, and all that art.   #GradWaiting

                           





No comments:

Post a Comment