It's time of the year again, wherein most of my close friends studying in university's in Manila flock back to Legazpi for their semester break. They've grown mature in a way but one thing stays the same, and it's a golden pact called friendship. Apparently I met up with my guy best friend, and was slightly intrigued on this one topic that we thoroughly discussed and had to agree on some terms.
See, I was the boyish in class, loved sports, was anti-makeup, and most definitely the anti-girly girl, but I have turned 18, 2 months ago and I figured it's time to set sail from my ways and maybe turn into the all girl action. So I asked him on tips that I could work on and practice so I'd learn how to approach as what us Filipinos call, 'pagdadalaga.'
1. Wear shorts more often. (Life's too short to just wear pants, I believe jorts are the 2nd best invention of clothing after the Levis Jeans.)
See, I was the boyish in class, loved sports, was anti-makeup, and most definitely the anti-girly girl, but I have turned 18, 2 months ago and I figured it's time to set sail from my ways and maybe turn into the all girl action. So I asked him on tips that I could work on and practice so I'd learn how to approach as what us Filipinos call, 'pagdadalaga.'
1. Wear shorts more often. (Life's too short to just wear pants, I believe jorts are the 2nd best invention of clothing after the Levis Jeans.)
2. Avoid throwing fists in the air, like you just don't care. (There's no excuse for this, it's never adorable to see a woman doing it, never. (p.s. recommended by a person who is pretty much guilty of it.)
3. Avoid screeching and shouting (issues or topics can be talked over in a graceful fashion. *winks eye*)
4. Wear make-up. (As for me, I prefer the au naturale kind of face enhancement.)
5. Wear eyeliner .(But not too much just enough to tighten the eyes)
6. Wear eyeshadow. (It was only until College when I understood the need for this)
7. Heels (It was invented by men to make a woman's buttocks look smaller, as told by She's The Man)
8. The Dress. (most esp the ones you can just throw in your bag, for like a grand get away or simple travel to an event. (p.s. The silky ones are exquisite, just how they hug a woman's curves, flawless!)
9.Collar Shirts (It just looks so preppy, and witty to see a woman wearing it, and I totes recommend it to the boobless like moi, it looks gemma ward kind of couture ad for Calvin Klein or Lacoste)
10. Own a pair of doll shoes. (Honestly, I recommend the flat shoes.)
10. Own a pair of doll shoes. (Honestly, I recommend the flat shoes.)
| photo taken by Antje Alvarez |
No comments:
Post a Comment